How to Make Homemade Hummus
Follow this simple recipe for delicious hummus at home!
You can make hummus at home by following this recipe, or you can try the real deal in Israel this winter! Join one of our East Coast or West Coast Culinary Birthright Israel trips!
Video - How to Make Homemade Hummus
1/2 lb. dried chickpeas
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup raw tehini
Juice of two lemons
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp. cumin
Salt & pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Soak chickpeas overnight in water
2. Place chickpeas in a pot with enough water to cover them. Add baking soda and cook for 1 hour on medium heat.
2. Drain (save one cup of cooking water) and place in blender
3. Add the reserved cooking water and blend
4. Add raw tehini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and blend again
5. Serve with olive oil and extra chickpeas on top with fresh pita!
6. B'teavon! (Bon Appetit!)