Discover Israel through your taste buds!
If you consider yourself a foodie, then this culinary trip is for you! Israel Experts was the first to develop and run Culinary Birthright trips, Israel food tours, and we must say, we’ve perfected it! These trips will allow you to explore the diversity of Israel and its culture through food.
How do you like to travel? Before you even get on the plane, do you check out where the best restaurants are, which are the “must try” foods of your destination, and once you arrive, your first stop is a local market? On our unique culinary trips, we’ll make sure to show you the hottest restaurants and culinary trends, give you the local’s perspective of the best Israeli foods, and take you to the biggest and best markets but also the “off the beaten path” ones as well.
You’ll still get to visit all of the top sites that you would see on any other Birthright Israel trip, but in addition, prepare your taste buds for these special activities:
- Visit local markets to learn about seasonal produce and local ingredients
- Meet influential leaders in Israel’s culinary scene, including the Editor-in Chief of the largest food and wine magazine in Israel
- Experience a culinary tour of Jaffa – home to what many consider the best hummus in Israel
- Complete a MasterChef challenge on an organic farm in the desert
- Take part in a Druze cooking workshop
- Visit the most unique, artisan ice cream makers in Israel - an Arab Israeli and a Kibbutz member - whose ice cream flavors change depending on the seasonal fruit growing on the Kibbutz (and yes, you'll do tastings!)
Get ready to blow up your Instagram feed because each day you’ll have endless opportunities to make your friends drool with what you’re eating and experiencing in Israel! By the end of the trip - you'll be full. But you'll also see that “Jewish” food is not just lox, bagels and gefilte fish and that Israeli food is not just falafel.